File New UI Claim Accordion
- Create an email account, if you do not already have one. You will be asked for a valid email address when completing the unemployment claim online to receive some correspondence.
- Visit the Georgia Department of Labor website and select Apply for Unemployment Benefits.
- You will use your personal information to create a PIN. Save this PIN, as you will need it to log in, access your information, and request weekly benefit payments. (Should you need to reset your PIN, you can do so on the Department of Labor website.)
- Once you establish a PIN, you will be prompted to submit personal information, fill out your detailed work history, and confirm legal residency.
- The application process should take around 30 minutes.