How Do I Apply for an Exemption to the Window Tint Law?
Gather What You'll Need
- Application for Exemption to the Window Tint Law
- Information about the vehicle, such as year, make, vehicle identification number, and license plate number
- A written and signed attestation from a physician or optometrist
- Method of payment (money order, certified check, or cashier’s check)
Apply for an Exemption
Submit the completed form and payment to the Department of Public Safety by following the instructions on the form.
- After the application is approved, you will receive a copy in the mail. Keep this for your records.
- Keep a copy of the approved application in the vehicle listed on the form.
- You must reapply for an exemption every 4 years.