- Visit the DRIVES e-Services website.
- Follow the prompts to cancel your registration.
- Download Form MV-18J Application of Voluntary Registration Cancellation.
- Fill out and sign the application.
- Locate and visit your county tag office to cancel your registration in person.
Cancel your vehicle’s registration if it’s sold or no longer in use.
Vehicle owners can cancel a vehicle’s registration if it no longer belongs to you, is not being driven, or is no longer operable. Cancel the insurance coverage for your vehicle after you cancel your vehicle registration